Monday, May 17, 2010

Locked Out

I  have lost track of how many times I've locked my keys in my house or car since I got engaged.

Seriously. It's an embarrassing number of times. I think its somewhere in the neighborhood of 8?

Right after it happens of course, I get really paranoid and check and re-check myself as I walk out the door or get out of the car. But about two weeks later, sometimes three, when there has been no incident, I loose focus and it happens again.

My mom never gets in car accidents, but she told me she had a couple of fender benders when she was engaged to Dad. That made me feel a little better. It's just that by the time I walk out the door I'm already planning on how to squeeze every last drop of usability out of my day.

IKF is always very patient and gracious about coming to my rescue, but I hate interrupting him for my absentmindedness. When it happened AGAIN this weekend, and he very sweetly recommended that I get a hide a key, I knew it was time to take this problem into my own hands... and trying not to let it happen again is useless because at this point, its inevitable.

So I spent some time this morning researching hide a keys. So that the next time I get locked out... Nobody needs to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment