Monday, May 17, 2010

Stourhead Garden

If you are ever roaming about the English countryside looking for something to do, may I suggest spending an afternoon in Stourhead Garden?















It was by far one of my favorite stops on my tour of England a few years ago. It was actually designed so that every view from every vantage point in the garden is incredible.

And when you think you've seen everything, you come around a bend in the path and into the secret grotto.

















 *sigh* I love this stuff. Stunning views, incredible gardens, secret grottoes...

And if you require additional persuasion... Stourhead is also where they shot the proposal scene in the Keira Knightly version of Pride and Prejudice.


















Oh ok, we'll watch it...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! What a fun blog! I just wanted to say that I 100% agree with this post. I love Stourhead! One of my favorite places in England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! So glad you like the blog and thrilled to hear you've been to Stourhead.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete