Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cranberry Crock Pot Chicken

We are having people over for dinner tonight at 6. I'm work until 5 and I have a 20 min commute. So today was a day for one of those super fast, simple, delicious, sophisticated, affordable genius meal ideas.

So I called... my brother? (He's 17.)

Backstory: Last time I was rummaging through my parents fridge looking for sustenance during a wedding planning marathon, I can across a tupperware of chicken in a yummy looking sauce. It was heated (Oh blessed microwaves) and devoured. As I was licking my fingers my mother informed me that my teenage brother had made it... Huh? I didn't think he knew how to make anything other than poptarts. Apparently, for a recent church activity, they taught the boys how to cook, so Sam came home and made dinner for the family. I made a note to abscond with the recipe at the nearest opportunity.

Which brings us to our adventure today in Cranberry Chicken. The orignal recipe was simply baked, however, with my short timeline I decided to give it a shot with the Crock Pot. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Crazy Simple Cranberry Crock Pot Chicken

Drop 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast in the Crockpot (frozen, thawed, whatever)

Mix in a bowl:
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 1/2 c. russian or catalina or french dressing (pick one)

Pour the cranberry mixture over the chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours.



















ps. My favorite part is that this only has 4 ingredients. 4!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I think this is a DEFINITE try, and we may need to put it on our recipe blog!! :-) www.theprofreshionalduo.blogspot.com. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete