Monday, June 28, 2010

Camping!

It has been about 5 years since I've been camping. That's a long time. But I grew up backpacking in the San Bernardino mountains with my dad and my sister and I love being up in the mountains.

So now that I have an Eagle Scout for a husband, I decided that our first order of business was to reaquaint ourselves with the wilderness.














We reserved a camp site at Heart Bar Campgroud. We set up our little tent (another wedding present) and ate homemade chocolate chip cookies while playing Mexican Train Dominos until the sun went down and we built a fire.

The next day we went for a hike up and back down the Aspen Grove trail. We witnessed a helicopter rescue of a hiker who fell down and bumped his head (they seemed to be overreacting a little bit with the helicopter) and then ate trail lunches by the river and read for an hour before heading home.

All in all our renewed relationship with the wilderness is one that I think we will continue to maintain.

Although next time I think I might lobby for a tent set up like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment