Sunday, January 8, 2012

Eccentric

This is the kind of thing I would put on in the morning and then before I left the house I would chicken out and change something.






















I swear the first two or three times I put on red lipstick it didn't make it out of the house. I have since overcome that particular twinge, but I still lack to courage to publicly sport some of my more daring fashion preferences. In New York I could be a little more bold, because pushing the envelope is generally celebrated there. In Orem, Utah? NOT so much.

Someday I'll live in California again, and while they are less averse to the eccentric, they are super laid back, and sometimes when I fashion-ify myself there I feel over-dressed.

Part of me says: "I do what I want!"

The other part of me squeamishly says, "But people will think I'm weird!"

I need opinions on this... Being taken seriously is pretty important to me. Can I indulge some of my more quirky fashion tendencies without completely undermining my credibility?

4 comments:

  1. i think people in utah are just scared to try something different. do it anyway...you'll be the cuter one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where whatever you want whenever you want. You are fabulous and really NY can be everywhere with you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think someone who has the design and fashion sensibilities that you do isn't going to go so far out there that ppl would be thrown off or put off. It seems to me like you have great instincts and I totally envy you that. Go with your gut and don't let the bastards get you down.

      Delete
  3. Thanks all! I feel encouraged. I think its time to pull out my bright blue leggings and peacock sparkle top. And a few other oddities I've been holding back on.

    And thanks again.

    ReplyDelete