Monday, February 1, 2010

Bookcases

This weekend I rearranged my apartment so that when you walk in, the bookshelves are the first thing you see. 

I love bookcases. You can tell a lot about a person by what's on their bookcase... by what looks like its been read over and over again, by what looks like its never been touched. 

When I read this post on Cup of Jo, I thought, I want to someone to fall in love with me because of my bookshelf. Then again, IKF and I spent the first two weeks of knowing each other talking about nothing but books - so maybe I got my wish.

I love looking through my own bookcase too. I feels like looking at a photo album of all my favorite vacations. Familiar stories, characters, places. I like remembering the things that each book taught me. Sometimes I flip through them and look for lines that I underlined or paragraphs that I circled.

 
 
 
 

1 comment: