Monday, October 15, 2012

On marriage

People used to tell me that the first year of marriage is the hardest, and I would get kind of annoyed. What were they trying to do, scare me off? "PREPARE FOR THE NIGHTMARE! IF you survive you may live to tell the tale!" I know a lot of dramatic people.

Halfway into our third year now (Oh the vast experience!), I kind of get what they were talking about.

It's not that the first year is really so terrible, its just that the other years are so much better, that the first year seems tough by comparison.

Since this is my blog, I get to dole out wisdom, even if it isn't asked for. Marriage is awesome. It starts awesome and it gets even better. There may be one moment, in one day, every 100 days or so, that I feel like throwing dishes at him, but I don't, the moment quickly passes and we get back to the awesomeness.

So get married, stay awesome. 




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly the hardest year for me, so far, was the ninth. I was learning a lot and I am working to make the tenth year the best yet!

    ReplyDelete