Monday, October 15, 2012

On being pregnant

Growing a human is hard work, and you never get to take a break.

It's kind of amazing that my body just knows how to make a person. It's like, if I had to sit down and build a baby like a craft project, it's eyebrows would be upside down and it would definitely be missing a vertebrae somewhere. But thankfully, I don't even have to think about it! I just sit here and let my body do its thing, and a baby with all of its proper bone structure and both eyebrows facing the right direction, gets made.

So baby and body just take what they need from me without asking, like little parasites. It looks like I'm just sitting here doing nothing, but in reality, I'm working non-stop. Pay no attention to those dirty dishes behind the curtain.


No comments:

Post a Comment