Monday, April 5, 2010

Dearly Domesticated

This was posted to the blog of my dearly beloved and (formerly) kitchen challenged roommate, Sarah, I thought it was too fun and clever not to share:

"Dearly Domesticated,

We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining of kitchen usage with kitchen user. The kitchen of 3C may never be the same again, nor will its inhabitants.
The joy and meaning of this day cannot be better expressed than in the words of a beloved friend: "I can't even handle this. You just used 'we' and 'I'm cooking' in the same sentence. I think I need to sit down. And yes I'll be there for dinner on Sunday. I need to see this in person."

First there was the Chicken Alfredo with sauce from scratch, broccoli steamed to perfection, and home made garlic bread.
Then came the scalloped potatoes (hand peeled, sliced, layered, and monitored for an hour) and Saturday morning breakfast of french toast (with nutmeg & brown sugar cooked in and whipped cream on top), bacon (baked not fried), and fresh fruit.
Oh the flavors that have developed!

There is a bright and open future ahead in this slim chanced and long anticipated alliance; let us rejoice!
The uniting of these two has been long awaited. After years of playing hard to get, the novelty has worn off and the practicality and enjoyment has sunk in. A naturally able cook has been revealed, along with willing consumers of what she produces.

As Teflon and stainless steal are exchanged, please join in a simple sharing of vows...

Do you, Sarah, agree not to burn these pots and pans? To keep track of all the lids, hand wash each non-stick surface, and make sure they get the love and attention they deserve?
I do!
And do you, Pots and Pans, agree to keep an open mind, be supportive of the things she asks you to take in, and produce the most delicious form of sustenance you can?
We do!

Then by the power of blogging vested in me, I now pronounce you Chef and Cookware!
You may fry, bake, boil, and simmer!"

Oh, dear H, I miss you. Congratulations on your newly acquired cooking prowess.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! Thank you for understanding how truly remarkable this union is. We're very happy together. Next time you're in town we'll have to show you what we can make (or bake)! Miss and love you LOTS!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete