Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Engagement Outfit?

So.... Engagement pictures are a week from Saturday and I have no idea what to wear... Even looking through every wedding blog on the planet has not brough me any closer to a conclusion on this issue.

I think I have style and then I meet people who ACTUALLY have style and I bow to their accessory-picking prowess. And then I follow them around like a puppy dog asking for fashion advice and stealing their outfit ideas.

SO... my extremely stylish friends... And I know you're out there and that you check this blog...

I am sending out a cry for help.

I need an engagment outfit... Or two.

Here's the scene: IKF and I sort of fell in love over books. We are book people. We are also Redlands people... raised in and around this little haven of Victorian homes and orange groves... So, (I don't know where this genius flash of inspiration came from) we are taking our engagement pictures at the Smily Library in Redlands... It has everything! Gorgeous old architecture inside and out. Big beautiful windows for great lighting. Big old oak tables. Little reading nooks and cast iron fireplaces. Stained glass. And lots of fun books that we can use as props.

My natural style leans toward the modern side of fashion - random pops of bright colors, a lot of black, the occasiona animal print - but in a setting like this I feel like it deserves a more timeless look.

Oh genius lovers of Anthropologie... HELP!


Shots of the location:

4 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog - and I love it! So, for outfits I think you should definitely wear something red in one of the outfits. It's your signature color. After that, wear whatever you're most comfortable and cute in (and that doesn't take a lot of adjusting). Because when you feel comfortable and cute, your pictures turn out the best! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane - Red will be a must. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go with classic Banana with a twist you do that well all the time. I love you and I love your blog. Where was that single ladies video shot...I think London right? Hope your well.

    ReplyDelete