Monday, May 2, 2011

Epic Weekend

For months I've been working with the Redlands Service Club Council and the Mormon Helping Hands to organize our Community Service Day on April 30th. We planned two gigantic projects: Landscaping 2 miles of median along Redlands Boulevard and painting 4,800 square feet of benches at the Redlands Bowl.

I am thrilled to say that the effort was well worth it and the result was spectacular. We hoped for 1,500 volunteers and we got 2,400. We hoped to get the work done in 4 hours and it all got done in 2. I hoped to get at least one positive story in the media about our projects and we had 8 newspaper articles, 1 radio interview, 2 online videos and 1 television highlight.

And to top it all ofr, the next day I turned 28 and was showered with love, affection and appreciation from my wonderful family and friends.

THEREFORE, I apologize for the interruption in my regulary prolific blogging schedule. Have no fear, I'll be back on track tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures from Saturday's projects...










No comments:

Post a Comment