This looks really good. I love carbs that I can feel good about eating.
1 banana, mashed very well
2 tbsp flax seed, ground
pinch of salt
1 1/2 C milk (any kind will work fine)
1-2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp molasses or honey (optional)
2 C old fashioned rolled oats
2 apples, cored and chopped
4 large medjool dates, chopped into small pieces
1/4 C walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, eggs, ground flax seed, salt, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and molasses. If you don't have or want molasses, you can substitute it for an equal amount of honey, or leave it out completely.
3. In a larger bowl, mix the oats with the chopped apples (with or without skins), the chopped dates and the walnuts. Mix well, and be sure the dates are evenly combined with everything else as they like to stick together in clumps.
4. Add the banana mixture to the oat mixture and stir until combined. Pour into the prepared pan then bake for 30-35 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve with milk, honey and/or maple syrup.