Monday, January 24, 2011

Walker Lamond's: 12 Rules for My Unborn Daughter

I love Walker Lamond's 1001 Rules for my Unborn Son. Every time I read I feel like I still live in an era of grace and civility, where men are gentlemen and women are ladies... And that is a feeling that I like. This world could use a little more class.

In that spirit, Walker wrote an article with a 12 rules especially for girls, so I thought I'd pass them along:

1. When on a dinner date, order the steak.
2. Never make fun of your brother in front of other girls.
3. Let him take your coat. That’s the moment he’s been waiting for.
4. Don’t sleep with your bra on. So I’ve been told.
5. Yes, your skirt is too short.
6. Having an accent does not make him more sophisticated.
7. Learn to sew your own clothes. You’ll become a better shopper.
8. If you want to look older, try plastic surgery.
9. Keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge and ice cream in the freezer.
10. Ride a bicycle.
11. You don’t need to do anything to prove you like him. Ever.
12. Dance with your father. And not just on your wedding day.

1 comment: