Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our 2010 Christmas Decorations

This was our first married Christmas, so I decided to show IKF just what he got himself into by marrying me, the Queen of Festive.

Channeling the creativity of these cute people, we set about cutting out letters for own caroling garlands, which didn't take as long as I expected... just a couple episodes of Bones and we had ourselves an abundant construction paper alphabet.


















It was perfect - a little effort went a long way. Aaaand it was cheap - construction paper, twine and tape don't cost much.

Some extremely kind friends of my parents also let us pick up a tree at the "young-married-and-broke" discount price, so we actually got to have a live Christmas tree!























I'm so happy with how it all turned out! It was beautiful, inexpensive and IKF is building up a very high tolerance for "useless sparkly things." It was one of the highlights of my Christmas this year to have a little home to decorate and a husband to enjoy it with.


2 comments:

  1. I love your letter banners. I stumbled across your blog when I was searching for "Christmas love" images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Elysa! That just made my day!

    ReplyDelete