Monday, March 14, 2011

Some thoughts on personal style, elegance and fashion...

"The only real elegance is in the mind; if you've got that, the rest really comes from it."
-Diana Vreeland

“When women look at other women who are stylish, what they always notice is the play of opposites: It’s the trenchcoat over the sequined shift. What’s so appealing is dressing like you didn’t stress over it.”
– Michael Kors

"You can be comfortable without ever compromising glamour."
-Donatella Versace

"Cock your hat. Angles are attitude."
-Frank Sinatra

"Happy, happy is fashion - there is not much more to it than that."
-Marc Jacobs

"All it takes are a few simple outfits. And there's one secret - the simpler, the better."
-Cary Grant

"Above all, remember that the most important thing you can take anywhere is not  Gucci bag or French-cut jeans; it's an open mind."
-Gail Rubin Bereny

"Elegance is a question of personality, more than one's clothing."
-Jean-Paul Gaultier

"It's not money that makes you well-dressed, it's understanding."
-Christian Dior

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thank you for sharing. Of course my favorite is the one by Marc Jacobs who happens to be one of my fave designers--I find that quite fitting. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks H! Sometimes I see girls who are dressed adorably and I just get wicked jealous. I like all of these quotes because for me they put fashion into perspective and inspire me to focus my energy on developing my own personal style.

    ReplyDelete